The Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education has cancelled physics and computer science exams of Class XII after question papers of the subjects were stolen from Nichar Senior Secondary School in Kinnaur district.
Four persons, including the principal, Centre Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent and chowkidar of Nichar Senior Secondary School have been suspended, said Deputy Commissioner, Kinnaur, NK Lath.
The incident came to notice of the board of school education after the principal yesterday informed it that the question papers of physics and computer science of Class XII had been stolen on the night of March 12.
The cancelled examinations scheduled for March 14 (physics) and March 21 (computer science) would be rescheduled in all 1,846 centres, sources in the board said.The police have registered an FIR for burglary and suspects were being questioned, said SP, Kinnaur, Rohit Malpani.
Preliminary inquiry revealed that the gate of the school and double lock of the cupboard where the question papers were kept were found broken and the chaukidar had been missing for past two days.
Apart from the question papers, the miscreants also broke the trunk where the answer sheets were kept and took 52 sheets of Class XII and 44 answer sheets of Class X.Informing the Vidhan Sabha about the theft, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said the Director, Higher Education, had been told to conduct an internal inquiry and take action against the erring staff members.
Meanwhile, the board of school education had also ordered an inquiry into the incident, he added.Exams to be rescheduled
- The question papers of physics and computer science of Class XII were stolen on the night of March 12
- Answer sheets were also found missing
- The examinations were scheduled for March 14 (physics) and March 21 (computer science)
- These will be rescheduled in all 1,846 centres
- The Director, Higher Education, had been told to conduct an internal inquiry and take action against the erring staff members
Story: The Tribune